Tickets now on sale!
9 June 2012 at Ainslie FC
Price Drop! Ticket prices have dropped from $90 to $60– if you already bought a ticket, we’ll be in touch shortly to organise a partial refund.
To celebrate our 50th year the club will be holding a Gala Dinner. Tickets are available so now is the time to secure your seat at this night of nights.
$90 $60 you can:
- Bathe in the magnificent past of the blue and white (and orange)
- Indulge in a gourmet three-course meal with drinks
- Be entertained by a prominent member of the Australian football community
- Receive a complimentary copy of the ANUFC history
- Meet ANUFC legends of the past and present
To get your tickets, you can pay the Club via EFT to 032727 116553. Please put “Gala [your surname]” in the description (i.e. Gala Smith). Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, team, and number of tickets purchased. We’ll then get your tickets to you during training.
With the season underway, training times are as follows:
||SL1-5 & 8
||SL7 & 9
||SL3 & 5
||SL7-11 & M2/3
Raging Rego Monday! With the season looming ever closer coaches are beginning to finalise team selections.
Once you have been told by your coach to register and you are not an ANU student – you must FIRST get a valid SRA number (either by renewing a previous membership or a new application). This can be done at the front desk at the gym or online at http://www.anusportandrec.com.au/.
Registrations will not accepted by the club registrar on myfootballclub website if the SRA or ANU student number given is not valid.
Once you have been successfully signed up, and paid, you will be able to collect shorts, socks, and an ANUFC 50th training shirt – more on that will follow.
Game times have been set for those teams involved this weekend v UC are as follows:
||ANU 8 Orange v ANU 8 Blue*
||ANU 7 v UC 8
||ANU 5 v UC 6
||ANU 6 v UC 7
||ANU 3 v UC 3
||ANU 1 v UC 1
||ANU 4 v UC 4
||ANU 10 v ANU 11*
|* Denotes intra-club games that are not part of Uni Challenge calculations.
Celebrate 50 years in style!
With 50 years of history, we’re celebrating with special merchandise this year, and it’s starting to trickle in. First up: stubby holders. At only $5 each, they make a great addition to any party, particularly when toasting the best club in Canberra (if not Australia or the world). Check out the other merch and order some!
Preseason training for all divisions continues! Coaches are finalising their squads, so if you haven’t come along to training yet, you had best hurry. Until South is open again, training times are as follows:
- State League 1: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 2: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 3: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 4: 7:30pm-9:00pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 5: 7:30pm-9:00pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 6: 7:30pm-9:00pm on Willows 1, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 7: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 2, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 8.1: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 2, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 8.2: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 2, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 10: 6:00pm-7:30pm on Willows 2, Mondays and Wednesdays
- State League 11: 7:30pm-9:00pm on Willows 2, Monday and Wednesdays
- Masters: 7:30pm-9:00pm on Willows 2, Wednesdays only
And remember, Community Day is on March 31st for everyone in the Club, and the season starts on April 14th!
Following the withdrawl of Goulburn from this year’s Fed Cup, ANUFC was offered a berth as one of the top State League 1 teams from 2011. The draw was held today, and we’ve been quite fortunate to be drawn in Group C with some of the lower ranked opponents. To qualify for finals, Coach Simeonovic will need to lead the team to either win the group (very tough) or to be the best placed runner up from the three groups (possible). The three groups are:
- Group A: Canberra Olympic (PL), Cooma Tigers (PL), Monaro Panthers (PL), O’Connor Knights (SL1)
- Group B: Belconnen United (PL), Tuggeranon United (PL), Woden Valley (PL), White Eagles (SL1)
- Group C: Canberra FC (PL), Canberra City (PL), ANUFC (SL1), Queanbeyan City (SL1)
The first round is the weekend of March 3-4 with games on the following two weekends (March 10-11 & 17-18) followed by semi-finals during the following week and finals on March 24-25. So get along and support the Club, and the ANUWFC who are in the women’s Fed Cup!
The 2012 winter outdoor season is coming!
Training for State League divisions 1-3 starts at 6:30pm on Monday, January 30th at Willows Oval. If you are interested in State League 1 in particular, please contact Bill Simeonovic on 0407 549 911 or via email@example.com.
Training for State League divisions 4-10 will start at 6:30pm on Monday, February 20th at South Oval.
To play for ANUFC, you need to also become a member of the ANU Sport and Recreation Association. Current ANU students and staff are automatically members, all others will need to join the SRA for $120 (subject to eligibility requirements; see SRA memberships).
The expected ANUFC fees for the 2012 outdoor season are:
- $290 for students
- $340 for non-students (+SRA)
Do not register until you have been selected to join a team.